Thursday, May 8, 2008

26 weeks and counting!

I'm getting a little impatient to give birth... I've gotten past the nausea (mostly), but now have wonderful heartburn and pains in my abdomen and back.  Also, I have that great thing - edema.  My feet and legs get really manas by early afternoon and by evening, it's almost painful to walk.  People ask how different this pregnancy is from my last 2 pregnancies and I tell them that it's different in almost every way!  It's a bit more complicated this time around... I'm going to take the Glucose Challenge Test - to see if I have gestational diabetes this week.  Hopefully, it will be negative (like my last pregnancies)...

I've gotten through some tough times - emotionally - over the last few weeks. Most of it can be attributed to the hormones running wild through my system.  But some situations were just... too much.  In order to save my sanity, I've had to distance myself from certain people.  I'm determined to hold them at arm's length so that I don't get too annoyed.  I'm moving forward.

Aside from that though, things have been good for me   If I don't count driving myself around because I don't have a driver yet (I'm looking for one, so if you have someone to recommend, please let me know! ), I'm enjoying my time with the kids.  That's basically all I'm doing now.  Bringing the kids to soccer, tennis and then resting in between... Hanging out with  Nikka, Ate, Tab and some other people... It's been relaxing and I'm totally enjoying myself!

My little one is active and I'm always happy to feel him move and kick! The kids loove feeling him kick!  They put their ears against my tummy and then when he kicks them, they laugh!  Such sweethearts, my boys...

3 comments:

  1. I love hanging out with you too, Nans! And don't worry about the GD, I'll give you some good meal plans that will keep you full and your glucose low. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Naku, dont worry too much about the Glucose test. My first test result came back high so i had to take the 2nd test, which came back negative. Was so worried but ok naman pala. That;s wit me eating at least one chocolate bar a day (no wonder ang taba ko parin after over a year of giving birth. hehehe)

    You're mobile naman e. Like you said, bring the kids around and all, so i think you'll be fine :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. my doc's not so worried about it, mostly because i don't have a history of it with my past pregnancies. i guess it's just that i'm being obsessive about it now. i'm getting closer to my due date and i'm starting to worry if i still remember how to do everything! scary! haha =)

    ReplyDelete