Tuesday, August 23, 2005

PTA with Micael's teacher

Tab and I went to CPC today for a PTA with Micael's teacher.  I thought it would take 30-45 minutes, at the most.  We were there for nearly 2 hours!  Nice because I learned how Micael behaves in school.  He's very curious about his surroundings and is always taking walks to other classrooms, saying Hi to the other teachers.  Pretty much joining their class, if he likes it too!  They don't mind having him, which is good! haha  He's gotten the most difficult lesson - Mr. Different - down pat!  Teacher Joanne says that on the first day, he knew exactly which one was different (i.e. 3 fire trucks and 1 turtle - he would pick out the turtle!)  One day, when he finished his worksheet ahead of everyone else, he even tried to teach his classmate!  CUTE!!!!  Teacher Joanne seems to love him and I like how she talks about him.  She mentions that he always gives her a hug... That demonstrates that he likes her back!  (Tab says that as long as it's a girl asking for a hug, he'll give it!  But I think that he genuinely likes her! hahaha) 


She showed us his worksheets and talked about his art projects.  How when he goes missing from her class, she knows pretty much where to look - at the sandbox area, the bahay kubo, the computer room or the classrooms upstairs!  He listens very well, making sure to follow the instructions (in music class) and is very, very cooperative when it comes to participating there! 


He doesn't really vocalize at school, but today, during Music class, he was actually singing along to the song, dancing along with everyone else and in general having a good time!  My heart was so full, I was suprised it didn't burst out of my chest!  My baby is growing up...  I look at him now and I wonder and am awed that I was blessed with him.  I remember when I wasn't sure that I was pregnant and I consecrated my yet-unknown baby to Jesus on the cross.  And there he is, in front of me, jumping, laughing and having fun. 


My love for him is boundless.  This must be what it's like for God.  The way He loves us.  How perfect is this love.  How perfect is the Heart of God to love us this way. 

1 comment:

  1. awww....nans....how very sincere. and moving. thanks for this.

    ReplyDelete