Thursday, June 26, 2008

33 weeks!

I'm at 33 weeks!  I can't believe it!  Time flies... I was admitted to Makati Med last week because I had high fever, was chilling and generally felt like crap.  We found out (well, the doctors did) that it was because i had uti due to complications from having kidney stones.  Of course, Tabby was like "Yan!  Kasi!  No more na salt and patis!!"  >sigh<  oh well...

So, now I'm out and i've been avoiding salty foods...  can you believe i haven't had patis or added salt to anything i've eaten?!  (in the interest of honesty, i had soy sauce with my sushi, but that's it!)  i'm so proud of me! haha =) 

Since i've been released from the hospital, i get tired more easily.  i'm more prone to cramping and i feel more delicate.  i feel like this pregnancy is taking forever, but i know that in about 5 weeks, i'll get to see my baby na!  it's so soon!  i've realized that i've been putting off stuff that shouldn't be put off... like getting the newborn clothes out of storage and having them washed and put away in my room or getting the receiving blankets ready or bringing the crib out... it seems to me like i'm so woefully unprepared. i need to make more of an effort to get things ready for my newest love...

12 comments:

  1. Take care Nanny:) Im excited for you:) Cant believe your 33 weeks na!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh!
    Please Nanny , if you will allow me to suggest on you, to pls take pumpkin/squash soup - it will take out the extra fluids in your body bec of too much salt, you can add on it ... brocoli/malungay/asparagus (Yummieeee!!) it's very effective and healthy!

    May you have a safe delivery ;-)

    God Bless,
    Zen

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, i'll try that! thanks so much for the advice, zen! =) it really sounds yummy =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks, anna! i can't believe i'm 33 weeks already, too! parang time just sped up and flew by! i keep thinking that i have time pa, but then when the doctor told me "good, sandali na lang, you'll give birth na so we can work on your kidneys," i realized it really was super close! grabe! =P

    ReplyDelete
  5. My doctor advised me to eat plenty of legumes and drink soya milk it helps to get rid of excess water in our body because I had "Manas"....and I also had kidney problem. I hate muscle cramps, It happened to me few times, and it really hurts....

    ReplyDelete
  6. i'll try that too! is soya milk yummy? i've never had it kasi... cramps are really the worst! i'm actually lucky in that area, coz i don't really get cramps... it's the manas and the fatigue that get me...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yup! I like it.It tastes better than non- fat milk.You can try the organic soya milk. When I had a 1 week diet of pure legumes, boiled peanuts for snack and low salt, I lost 5 pounds in a week, because I look terrible sobra Manas ko.=)

    ReplyDelete
  8. was this before you gave birth? i'll try it today, will go to the grocery kasi... =) what brand of soya milk can you recommend?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yup...You can try vitasoy organic soya milk.

    ReplyDelete