Monday, November 26, 2007

i got my sign...

strange thing, this ambivalence i'm feeling about getting pregnant.  i got my sign (the one i asked Mama Mary for) that i'm pregnant.  but i got it the day after i got my period... so what does that mean?  i'll be pregnant soon?  or is She answering something else?

i wish things were clearer.  while i was waiting for my period, i actually cut down on my caffeine, smoking and was really careful about the medicines i was taking... no popping a ponstan for the slightest headache.  i just suffered through it... because i was worried that i might hurt the baby (if i was).  but then... i got my period. 

so... here i am.  still waiting.  i think that, in the deepest, darkest, most quiet recesses of my soul, i do want one.  but... (and there's always a 'but'!) but... there's the practicalities to consider.  do i really want to bring another life into this world?  another person to love, to worry about and to lose sleep over?

I've always said that i enjoyed being pregnant and i do! it's the next 4 months that scare me.  and i don't know how my boys would take it.  they'd be over the moon with it for a while, but then when they see me paying more attention to the baby, they might resent her/him. 

hmmm... more things to think about... sigh. it never ends...

1 comment:

  1. nan, you are a fantastic mother. maybe this is God's way of preparing you and your body for a baby in a few months. :) your boys will take on the roles of big brothers in stride. they are so sweet and smart. just like their mommy!

    ReplyDelete